Staging: Atlanta, GA July 20th
My flight left at 6:50 this morning to head out to Atlanta, GA. I arrived in Atlanta at 10:30 and got to the hotel right in time for orientation. It was kind of a whirlwind of a day getting only one hour of sleep the whole night (because of packing), having to fly then having orientation the rest of the day.
There are 58 of us heading out there in two groups. Half the group will be doing Health work the other will be doing work with Fish. It was finally great to meet the 'family' I will be training with and depending upon for the next three months of training. It was refreshing to meet people that have the same emotions about leaving as I do and have dealt with the roller coaster ride of the Peace Corps Application.
It has been an emotional couple days, with feelings of excitement, nervousness and sadness! I know this is what I want to do and know that anyone wouldn't be normal if they didn't have all these feelings. Tomorrow I head off to get shots at 11am, and head to the airport at noon. I then leave for Africa at 7:25pm! I really can't wait to get to Zambia! It is going to be one heck of an adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment