Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nomination!

Shortly after I wrote my last blog I got a call from my recruiter scheduling an interview for February 2nd! I was so excited yet so nervous because I have wanted to do Peace Corps for a long time now and I didn't want to screw every thing up during the interview.
The interview went great! A lot of the questions were from the sample interview questions on Peace Corps Wiki. My recruiter was super nice so she made the interview go smoothly. She shared stories about her experience as a volunteer...it made me even more excited to join. At the end of the interview she was able to nominate me for the Sub-Sahara Africa region!!! It is a Portuguese speaking country in Africa so I'm assuming it is Mozambique!

So right now I'm 'patiently' waiting for my medical kit in the mail. I had scheduled doctors/dentist appointments for this week but haven't received the medical kit in the mail so I had to reschedule all my appointments for next week. I have to get all the appointments in as quickly as I can because the medical part of the application process is what can take the longest.
In the meantime, I have been reading Peace Corps blogs constantly. Some of the blogs make me super excited and other times some of the blogs I have read have made me scared about going to Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment