Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jekyll Island, GA!

I obtained an AmeriCorps position as a Night Patrol Member at Georgia Sea Turtle Center. Since my time working with sea turtles in Costa Rica, I have wanted to work with sea turtles again.

The island is beautiful, the center is very informative and everyone I work with is very nice. I live in a little house with two other girls, one girl from Vermont and the other girl is from North Carolina. Everyone that works there is fresh out of college so it is easy making friends.

The center is a rehab facility for injured/sick sea turtles. In the main room there is all the information about sea turtles, about the different types of turtles, about nesting and what harms the turtles. In the next area there is a pavilion where all the turtle patients are kept. I recommend anyone to make a trip out to Jekyll Island to see this wonderful facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment